Beautiful Blooms for Your Wedding Day
If you’re looking for a way to make your wedding day extra special, then why not brighten things up with beautiful blooms? Flowers and foliage can not only be used to decorate your venue but also create stunning bouquets for you and your partner to carry down the aisle. In this article, we’ll show you some of the most exquisite flower varieties that can help make your big day extra special.
1. Looking Your Best on Your Special Day
Making sure that you look your best during your big day is important. While there are a lot of details to consider, beautiful blooms that complement your bridal look and set the tone for the entire event are at the top of the list. Here’s how you can use blooms to achieve the perfect wedding day look:
- Take your pick: Your wedding flower will be like the hallmark of your entire event. If you’re looking for something simple, you can never go wrong with roses or carnations. If you want something more vibrant, opt for marigolds, hydrangeas, orchids, or chrysanthemums.
- All the way up: You can use the same blooms for your bouquet, cake topper, and even for decorations! This will help make sure that the backdrop of your wedding looks cohesive and stylish.
- Compliment, don’t compete: The flowers should accentuate your overall look and bring out the best in it. Try to get blooms that bring out the tones in your jewelry, makeup, and dress rather than competing with them.
Incorporating blooms into your big-day look is not only a great way to look picture-perfect, but it’s also great for an emotional experience that will last you a lifetime. Have fun with it and enjoy the entire process of picking the perfect blooms to grace your special day!
2. Decorating with Stunning Blooms
Decorating your wedding day with beautiful blooms is a joy to behold. Here are some stunning bloom ideas to get you started:
- Floral centerpieces: Incorporating flowers into the centerpieces is a great way to bring life to your tables. Consider mason jar centerpieces, overflowing centerpieces with an eclectic mix of flowers , or chic vases with bold arrangements.
- Bouquets: Put together gorgeous bouquets for bridesmaids, flower girls, and bridal parties. Incorporate pearls, feathers , and ribbons to complement the blooms.
- Wreaths: Hang wreaths of colorful blooms over the doorways or the arch. Choose a variety of fragrant blooms to sweeten the atmosphere for your guests.
- Garlands: Drape colorful colonial garlands over railings, chairs , or chandeliers. This adds a stunning sparkle to any event, indoors or outdoors.
Take out some time to explore the different options of floral arrangements available and discuss your requirements with a florist to get the best out of your wedding day blooms.
3. Adding a Pop of Color to Your Big Day
It’s time to add a splash of color to your wedding day! Colorful blooms can be used to enliven your wedding day in a range of ways:
- Use vibrant florals in your bouquets and floral decorations.
- Dress up your bridesmaids and groomsmen with boutonnieres.
- Incorporate fresh, colored blooms in reception centerpieces and decor.
When choosing colored blooms to use, consider the wedding tones you have selected. If you’re going for a traditional wedding look, you’ll want to use shades like burgundy, cream, and blush. But if your wedding has a modern twist, consider bolder colors like blue, orange, and yellow. Once you have your colors selected, determine which blooms will work best in them - peonies, roses, and ranunculus are all great flowers for incorporating color.
Remember, adding a pop of color can be done in any style. You can use color to create a lasting impression, to make your wedding feel extra special or simply to bring some fun to your day. Use your creativity to make sure it’s perfect for you!
4. Choosing Flowers That Complement Your Theme
Choosing the right flowers for your special day can be a daunting task. After all, there are so many varieties of blooms to choose from! To help narrow down the choices, consider your wedding theme. Whether classic, modern, or a more alternative theme, there is a flower that can perfectly complement it. Here are some types to consider:
- Classic: roses, peonies, hydrangeas, baby’s breath
- Modern: orchids, anthuriums, tulips, amaryllis
- Alternative: birds of paradise, sunflowers, proteas, chrysanthemums
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the seemingly endless selection, make sure to also consult with your florist to find the right combination of flowers for your wedding. Additionally, don’t be afraid to step out of the box and opt for an interesting mix of blooms. For example, pair classic roses with bold anthuriums for a modern-yet-traditional look. Or, mix traditional sunflowers with proteas for a completely unique arrangement. The possibilities are truly endless; the trick is to select the flowers that not only tie into your theme but also represent your unique style as a couple.
5. Find the Bouquet of Your Dreams
Now that you have your venue sorted, it’s time to start thinking about flowers! From bouquets to boutonnieres, selecting the perfect blooms for your big day is a lot of fun. Here are some tips to help you find the bouquet of your dreams.
- Choose a color scheme. Look through wedding magazines, blogs, and Pinterest for inspiration. This helps to narrow down styles and get a better idea of what you like and don’t like.
- Think about the season. Different seasons bring different flowers into the season. You should have an idea of your budget, as well as the type and amount of flowers you need before reaching out to a florist.
- Set up a meeting. Start contacting florists in your area. Bring some clippings of bouquets you like, along with any ideas you have, and discuss ideas and budgets. Do a bit of comparison shopping to find the florist that meets your style and budget.
- A picture is worth a thousand words. You don’t have to select your flowers all at once. If you have a vision but don’t actually know what types of flowers will fit the bill, just tell the florist. Show them a photo of the type of bouquet you want, and they can help you pick the right varieties.
- Be creative. Look for some out-of-the-box ideas, like edible flowers or even fabric flowers. This is your chance to express yourself—so have some fun with it!
Picking out a bouquet for your wedding day is all about personal style. Give yourself plenty of time and take a few trips to the florist. Taking the time to find the right fit will ensure you create a special bouquet that you’ll love.
6. Long-Lasting Floral Arrangements
Keep The Memories Going
Your wedding day is meant to be one of the happiest days of your life, and it is your right to have the best floral arrangements that you can find on that day. There are various options when it comes to floral arrangements, but for a wedding day, you should always go for those options that will last for the longest time. Here are a few long-lasting floral arrangements you can choose for your special day.
- Vase arrangements
- Glass jar arrangements
- Uniquely shaped flower arrangements
- Hanging glass vase arrangements
Vase arrangements are one of the most common and popular floral arrangements. A glass or metal vase is great to hold some stunning flowers that will stay in shape during the event at least. You can also decorate the vase with ribbons, or beads to add a personal touch to the setting.
Glass jar arrangements are another popular option since they give the elegance of vases but in a casual way. Jars are so versatile that you can select them in any size and color that goes with the theme and color scheme of your wedding.
Uniquely shaped flower arrangements are the perfect way to bring drama to your wedding décor. You can opt for something like a ball or heart-shaped flower centerpiece and wow the guests.
Hanging glass vase arrangements look very artsy and original. They can make a real statement if you set them up strategically around the area.
All these options and more should be enough to satisfy your desire for a stunning look. Take your time and go through all the options on the market to find the best one for your wedding day.
7. Using Homegrown Flowers for Your Wedding
Homegrown flowers can be a wonderful way to keep the costs and environmental impact down as well as add a unique and special touch to the decor. Here are some tips for making the most of homegrown blooms:
- Do some research and find the best blooms for your local environment. Different climates will need different flowers and plants, so do your research before purchasing the seeds, as well as learn about when to plant, water, and fertilizer.
- Start early. Many flowers, depending on where you live, will need to be planted in late winter or early spring, to make sure they have time to bloom.
- Choose a color palette and remember it. Even if you do have a beautiful selection of flowers all in bloom, the combination of pink reds, and oranges all together might not work. Choose a cohesive selection of colors and varieties and stick with it.
- Have compost handy. Consider having a compost bucket close to the flower bed for any dead heads and waste. This will keep the bed healthy and good for the environment and keep infections away from the other plants.
- Pick, preserve, and use. Right before the wedding, pick the flowers and preserve them (depending on the type of flower). You can then use these flowers as decoration for your wedding day.
8. DIY Ideas for Decorating With Flowers
Flowers can dramatically change the way wedding receptions look and feel. We’ve gathered some of our favorites to make your big day extra special.
- Faux Flower Garlands. By using faux flowers, you can easily create a garland that can be used to style an area or add a bit of color to your head table. This is an inexpensive way to create something beautiful.
- Table Runners. Quickly make a beautiful table runner by loosely tying together a few flowers and greeneries and setting it down the length of a table.
- Simple Centerpieces. Use single stems in a variety of different glass bottles, along with some foliage to make simple yet effective centerpieces.
- Stylized Seating. Place guests’ creative signs on their chairs with a single stem of flowers or pair of flowers to designate seating.
- Unique Vignettes. Use a mix of different flowers and foliage to create smaller vignettes with a personalized touch.
- Floral Arch. Create an exquisite arch of flowers to use for your ceremony.
No matter what type of inspiration you are looking for, you can create a unique look with flower decor. The possibilities are endless, so be creative, and enjoy your special day!
9. Turning Your Dream Day Into Reality
When it comes to the details of your special day, flowers play a key role in making your dream become a reality. Here are some tips on how to make your floral dream come true.
- #1: Choose your colors. Before you start browsing those creative flower arrangements, it’s important to pick a color palette that complements your wedding concept. On the big day, your blooms should be tying it all together!
- #2: Get inspired. Have a clear vision in mind and take that inspiration to your florist to make it come alive. Try to include unique or exotic blooms to stand out!
- #3: Make it personal. If you want to surprise your guests, consider customizing your flowers after your guests. You can even choose fragrant blooms to further personalize the experience.
- #4: Think about the venue. When selecting the flowers for your wedding, think about where the wedding will be held and how the flowers will fit into the atmosphere.
By considering these tips, you can ensure that your dream day will have the perfect flower décor and atmosphere to bring your dream to life.
Your wedding day should be one of the best days of your life, and beautiful blooms are the perfect way to add sparkle and life to your celebration. Whether you’re looking for eye-catching centerpieces, personal bouquets, or additional decorations, there are plenty of options for you to choose from! With thoughtful consideration and careful selection, you can make the most of the blooms you choose and turn your wedding day into something truly special.