Tasty Treats: The Best Sandwich in Every State
Craving something truly delicious? Look no further than this collection of the best sandwiches in every state! From classic comfort food to creative concoctions, you’re sure to find something to tantalize your taste buds! We’ll take you on a delicious journey across the United States, highlighting some of the tastiest treats nationwide. So if your mouth is watering and you’re ready to indulge, read on and find out the best sandwich in every state!
1. Tasty Treats: The Quest for The Best Sandwich in Every State
Are you a fan of sandwiches? We all are! Sandwiches are an all-time favorite snack or meal that can be enjoyed anywhere. Have you ever wondered what the best sandwich in your state is? We did! As part of our Tasty Treats series, we embarked on a quest to find the best sandwich in every state. So, let’s get comfy and start noshing without leaving your home!
For each state, we scoured the internet for the sandwich that’s favored by locals and visitors alike – from the iconic BLT to the lesser-known creations dreamt up by top chefs. Get your forks and knives ready because things are about to get delicious!
Here are our picks for each state:
- Alabama: Barbecue Pork Sandwich
- Alaska: King Salmon Reuben
- Arizona: Navajo Fry Bread Sandwich
- Arkansas: Fried Catfish Po’ Boy
- California: Chicken Torta
- Colorado: Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich
- Connecticut: Hot Lobster Roll
- Delaware: Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Florida: Cuban Sandwich
- Georgia: Pimento Cheese Sandwich
- Hawaii: Loco Moco
- Idaho: French Dip Sandwich
- Illinois: Deep Dish Pizza Sandwich
- Indiana: Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
- Iowa: Loose Meat Sandwich
- Kansas: Beef on Weck
You’d be surprised by the amazing sandwiches you can find in each state. We always recommend trying out a local specialty whenever you travel, and sandwiches are no exception. We can’t wait to explore what the rest of the states have to offer for sandwiches. Join us on the quest for the best sandwich in every state!
2. The Best Sandwiches Across The Country
We would be hard-pressed to name a dish more beloved than the sandwich. From the classic BLT to the creative concoction of a reuben, it is easy to see why sandwiches are a staple in every kitchen across the country. With every state boasting its own delicious and unique sandwich creations, we have put together a list of the best of the best that you need to try.
- Alaska: The Salmon Bacon Sandwich from Snow City Cafe
- California: The Drake from Hollow Men
- Nebraska: The Omaha Stack from Kitchen Table
- New York: The Egg and Onion from Katz’s Deli
- Washington: The Porchetta Sandwich from Paseo
Head down south for an incredible pulled pork sandwich from Davidson BBQ Co. in Kentucky or the Brisket Sandwich from Simon’s BBQ in West Virginia. In the midwest, you’ll find both the Cuban sandwich from Ba-Bite in Wisconsin and some of the best lobster rolls from Eventide Oyster Co. in Maine.
The west coast offers plenty of options as well. From the Paul Bunyon in Utah to the Mo’Betta from Birdsong in Oregon, there’s no shortage of sandwich-filled excitement. Finally, if you find yourself in Texas, head over to Dirty French Man Sandwich Shop in Austin for the “Germana” with bacon, beer sausage, cheddar, and spicy mustard.
3. A Sandwich Tour of the US – Where to Go and What to Try
Are you ready to embark on an epic sandwich tour of the US? We’ve got some of the best and tastiest picks of the nation that you need to try – from unique takes on traditional recipes to some less-expected savory snacks. Here’s where to go and what to indulge in:
- Alabama: Pig Ear Sandwich from Saw’s Soul Kitchen.
- Missouri: Toasted Ravioli Sandwich from Rigazzi’s.
- Florida: Cuban Sandwich from La Segunda Bakery.
- Vermont: Muffaletta from Michael’s Good to Go.
- New York: Monte Cristo Sandwich from Grilled Cheese NYC.
- Indiana: Pork Tenderloin Sandwich from Someone’s Mom’s.
- Oregon: Bánh Mì from Bollywood Theater.
- Texas: Smoked Brisket Sandwich from Lockhart Smokehouse.
- New Mexico: Green Chile Bacon Burger from Zacatecas Tacos & Tequila.
- Tennessee: Fried Bologna Sandwich from Arnold’s Country Kitchen.
So, make sure you add these sandwiches to your US food bucket list – from the south to the west coast, it’s time to indulge!
4. Take a Bite Out of These Delicious Dishes
Ready to take a bite out of some delicious dishes? Check out these top sandwiches from each of the 50 states!
- Alabama: The Pig and Grits sandwich at Saw’s Soul Kitchen is a must-try. It’s made with thick-cut fried bologna, cheddar cheese, dill pickles and spicy mayo on a toasted bun.
- Alaska: When in Alaska, make sure you don’t miss the Reindeer Dog. One of Alaska’s most famous dishes, this tasty treat is made with smoky reindeer meat, caramelized onions and brown mustard.
- Arizona: Mustafa’s hummus sandwich is a staple in Arizona. This scrumptious dish combines hummus, cucumber, tomatoes, onions and pickles in a pita wrap.
- Arkansas: The brisket sandwich at Whole Hog Cafe is an Arkansas favorite. This mouth-watering sandwich is made with slow-smoked brisket, chunky onion rings, and sweet and smoky BBQ sauce.
- California: When in California, don’t miss the patty melt sandwich from Phil’s Fish Market. It’s loaded with fresh-caught fried calamari, melted cheddar cheese, peppers, onions and aioli on toasted rye bread.
These are just a few of the delicious sandwiches you can find in each of the 50 states. Why not plan a road trip and sample them all? Bon appetit!
5. The Best Way to Sample the Local Cuisine – Sandwiches!
Now, the best way to experience all the best sandwiches in every state in the US is by diving in headfirst with a healthy helping of sandwiches! After all, no region is complete without its signature sammie.
- New Jersey: Taylor Ham, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich. This classic East Coast breakfast sandwich packs a punch in a delicious combination.
- Alabama: Barbecue Pork Sandwich. One of the most famous sandwiches in the South, it features smoky and sweet barbecue sauce and crunchy cole slaw.
- Vermont: Maple-Glazed Ham on a Split Roll. Sweet, salty, and savory all packaged together in a melt-in-your-mouth sandwich.
- Washington: Dungeness Crab Roll. A succulent mix of crab, pickles, and mayonnaise is sure to make your mouth water!
- Kentucky: Hot Brown Sandwich. Served open-faced and topped with cheesy Mornay sauce, turkey and bacon, this over-the-top sandwich is a must-try for anyone visiting Kentucky.
Whether you’re looking for a classic, an unusual twist on a traditional sandwich, or a regional favorite, sampling the best sandwiches in every state is an exciting way to explore the US.
6. From Coast to Coast – A Search for The Perfect Bite
When it comes to sandwiches, coast to coast, each state has a crowd favorite to choose from. The nation’s best munchies all in one place, here’s a list of some of America’s most delicious sammies.
- California: The Mission-style burrito from La Taqueria
- Nevada: The souped-up burger from Port Of Subs
- Arizona: The Sonoran-style hot dog from Long Wong’s
- Colorado: Breakfast burrito from Illegal Pete’s
When you’re looking for something to tuck into at lunch, try Maine’s Lobster Roll or a classic Philly Cheesesteak. The former is a mix of lightly dressed lobster and mayo served on a toasted bun while the latter is a steamy, gooey mixture of beef, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and melted cheese. No matter the state you’re in, you’re sure to find a great sandwich.
- New York: The Reuben from Katz’s Deli
- Massachusetts: The cranberry walnut chicken salad from Freaky’s
- Virginia: The classic Italian hoagie from Chuck’s Market
- Kansas: The BBQ beef sandwich from Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que
From coast to coast, you can enjoy the best sandwich each state has to offer. Whether it’s loaded with BBQ, a heaping of lobster, or a classic bacon and egg sandwich, you can find something that suits your craving.
There you have it: the absolute best sandwich from each of the fifty states in the United States. Whether you’re a resident of one of these states or are planning a road trip, make sure you stop in and enjoy one of these mouthwatering sandwiches. It doesn’t get much tastier than that!